It’s official: 2022 Season 1 is underway at iRacing! Featuring three new cars, two new tracks, the Porsche Experience Center at Hockenheim, and a host of additional upgrades including new iRacing AI unlocks, the latest build includes a host of new updates. Highlights include:
- Mercedes-AMG W12 E Performance: One of the most successful racing teams in the world comes to iRacing, as Mercedes-AMG’s 2021 challenger makes it to the sim. Campaigned by Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas in the real world, the W12 E Performance is the first of two Mercedes-AMG cars coming to iRacing, as the 2022 car will be deployed in a future build.
- Hyundai Elantra N TC and Honda Civic Type R: Two of the most popular touring cars in the world join the Audi RS 3 LMS in the iRacing IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge. Campaigned by some of the sport’s top teams in the real world, the Elantra and Civic take iRacing’s touring car offerings to the next level. Both cars are also immediately available for iRacing AI use.
- Watkins Glen International: One of iRacing’s most popular road courses gets a long-awaited update! All four of its layouts—Cup, Boot, Classic, and Classic Boot—make the transition into the new scan, and are all available in iRacing AI.
- Knockhill Racing Circuit: Scotland’s Knockhill Racing Circuit joins the iRacing lineup with five layouts, including both the forward and reverse versions of its International and National layouts and its rallycross course. The four road courses are also immediately available for iRacing AI use.
- Porsche Experience Center at Hockenheimring: Four new Time Attack layouts—East, West, Outer, and Handling—from the Porsche Experience Center at the Hockenheimring have all been added to iRacing. For users who already own the Hockenheimring, the PEC layouts will be unlocked with the update.
- iRacing AI: Live out your Indy dreams with the Dallara IR18 and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval! A total of three new cars and 19 new track layouts are available; joining the above, we’ve also unlocked all six road course layouts at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway oval, World Wide Technology Raceway oval, and Homestead-Miami Speedway Indy Oval.
- Ready to Race: Don’t feel like qualifying, or wrapped up early? Use the “Ready to Race” button to signal to the rest of the field that you’re set to go, and advance to the main event faster!